bad connectivity-all of a sudden

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wack80

so i know that this is probably a highly common problem, but i've been scouring through the threads and i couldn't find one quite like my problem, so i thought i could give it a try:

i had wonderful connectivity and wireless internet less than a month ago. recently, i've been having trouble with my isp we called and they told us to plug in directly to the modem box (dsl). so it works when that happens, but i happen to enjoy using my wireless internet all over the house and plus i paid a lot of money for my excellent linksys router which is still very brand new.

so i unplugged everything and reset the internet, router, and replugged all the of cords, additionally i set my wireless setting with an encryption key whereas before i didn't. so now my desktops have nice internet, and my wireless laptop has squat even though i'm connected and my encryption key works fine.

i've done a release/renew ip address to see if that would help, but its the signal strength.

and since the location of the router hasn't changed from before (when it was working smoothly), i can safely say that moving it or buying better equipment will probably not make much of a difference.

however, does anyone know for a fact if downloading massive quantities of stuff effects the wireless connection?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts