1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad Image error in iTunes and Punkbuster in Windows 7

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Psycho9542, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Psycho9542

Psycho9542 Thread Starter

I keep getting a "Bad Image" error in iTunes and when opening Bad Company 2 (Punkbuster specifically). I've tried so many other fixes, online virus scans (by eSet) but nothing seems to help. I've even tried SFC /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth even though it apparently doesn't work for Windows 7. The closest thing I can relate to is that this all started after a Windows Update recently. I've tried system recovery but the point is set to after the update and didn't fix anything. I really don't know what to do.

2. Sponsor

3. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Try to run repair on the Apple Application Support program. If that doesn’t work then uninstall iteunes and reinstall.

4. Psycho9542

Tried both friend... it doesn't work unfortunately. This problem is more complicated than it seems...

5. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    When you uninstalled. Do you use something like revouninstaller to completely remove all traces of itunes before reinstalling?

6. Psycho9542

Hmm... Uninstalling via revouninstaller removes the bad image problem but I'm still unable to use iTunes because "It was incorrectly installed". Punkbuster bad image error shows up no matter how I uninstall it, but thanks!

7. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    You tried revouninstaller and then reinstalled with same issue? Only other thing I can think of is to make sure everything is removed from registry as well. You can use soemthing like everything below to sewrch your computer for all traces of itunes programs.

https://filehippo.com/download_everything/

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice