bad image error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

levvy17

Hi, i recently did a system recovery on my windows xp desktop and came to find out when i turned on the computer i had an error message that said
winlogon.exe-Bad Image
The application or DLL
C:\WINDOW\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a\comctl32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
it only says ok. so i click it and on other videos and other helping websites there computers go on and ask another question. mine does not it only asks that one and sits with a blank screen and the mouse pointer. if any one could help i would appreciate any help
Thank You.

Sounds like the recovery may have been infected. How did you do the recovery?

Why did you do the recovery?

levvy17

i used the system recovery cd/dvd for the computer and it went through the process of it.
the reason was because the power went out and crashed most of the things i had on the comp and had the blue screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts