1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad Image Error

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Badimage, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badimage

Badimage Thread Starter

Hi Tech Guy forums I get multiple error messages upon login, as well as whenever I open an application. The error message is titled with "
    <applicationname>.exe - Bad Image"

and the actual error consists of

"C:\progra~3\browse~1'261095~1.52\{c16c1~1\browse~1.dll is not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

This has been appearing for about a week, I have tried multiple antivirus programs, Rogers Online Protection, Mcafee, and I also tried the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, none of them found any infections.

Something I noticed is in the "Processes" tab of Task Manager, some processes are repeated, such as Rundll32.exe and sometimes the program that I'm using at the time, such as Google Chrome.

If any help could be provided, that would be great, thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice