1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad ISP or bad luck?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by William02, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. William02

William02 Thread Starter

Hi, I just recently subscribed with Telstra, It was all fine for couple of weeks, but everything has got bad to worse since then with all sort of issues occurring especially the net suddenly losing out on speed and becoming dead in between, but whenever I restart the router, it works fine then some hours later, it’s same thing happening all over again. I tried contacting the ISP, but they simply told me it’s not their issue and suggested to change the router. I brought it just 3 months ago, but still I changed it and now it got worse with nothing working. I am sick and tired having to wait on the phone to get the reply! How do I get rid of this horrid situation it’s really killing me!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try things systematically, one after the other. It may be either your network ethernet cable, your network adapter card, or your router ports, or the whole router.

3. Thomasmiller

Thomasmiller

Hello mate, I believe there can be several issue with this. I have myself suffered similar thing in past, so let me try to help you with what I did. First unplug everything and make sure you leave it for couple of minutes and then plug it again and check it or restart your modem few times, if this still doesn’t solve it then perhaps look if you are alone or there are others with similar problem, I usually look at internetoutages. However, it’s important that you call them again and ask for refund if they can’t solve the problem! It’s so disappointing to see such crappy support now days!
    https://www.internetoutages.com.au/telstra

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Are you wireless to the router or are you hardwired?

Does the issue occur on multiple devices or just yours?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1179815

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice