1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad Memory?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TFLeonard, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TFLeonard

TFLeonard Thread Starter

I am getting memory access errors fairly regulary (once a day) on my Windows XP Pro system. It will happen when I have 3 or 4 programs running at once. Most often it seems to happen when I run Quiken 2003 Home & Business. The error is:

The instruction at: "0x03529ad5" references memory at "0x02400000". The memory could not be "written"

My system is a Toshiba Satellite 2804-S402 with 384mb of RAM. I notice in my Norton System Doctor that I have at least 25mb of RAM free and the processor is tied up at 100% utilization at the time of the error. I am always forced to power down the PC to get out of the error since ctrl-alt-delete doesn't do anything. The PC is so busy that I can't do anything else during the error.

Do have have bad memory? I don't get any errors during startup so I assume the initial memory checking passes (I never see anything anyway in terms of memory check display, like older OS's showed.) Is there a way I can verify in my RAM is OK?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. rockinmale

rockinmale

Goto simmtester
    Download a copy of doc memory and the software will creat a bootdisk for you. Then boot from the disk and run the test. This test will tell you whether your ram is bad or not.

I would also download a copy of spybot search and destroy. Run that and see if there's any spyware running in the background.

spybot - search and destroy

3. TFLeonard

TFLeonard Thread Starter

I did the memory check and removed the adware/spybot stuff but I still continue to get the same error message (see above) any other ideas?

4. BTS '76

BTS '76

you could have a stick of ram failing at high temps. So post won't pick up on it.

also check your fans, cpu could overheating.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice