1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad mobo?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dominym, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dominym

Dominym Thread Starter

I reported an issue where my PC would not boot up to the BIOS, OS or get any kind error when I would turn it on (thread is closed now). These are the specs:

MB: ASUS M4A785DT-V
    RAM: Crucial 2 GB 240 pin DDR3 (2)
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 2.9 GHz ADX245OCGQBOX
    Video: XFX HD-435X-ZAH2 Radeon HD 4350 1GB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    PSU: Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready

I've disconnected all devices from it (video card, NIC, RAM, HDDs) and just tried again. PC turns on, LEDs light up, fans come on, but I don't see a BIOS or any type of error code (yes, monitor is connected :) ).
    So at this point I'm wondering, what would be the most likely failure? Mobo, CPU, PSU? Is there any way to isolate this? I can't even boot off a disk or USB to troubleshoot.

2. dai

dai

start with the power supply yours is low quality

you will not get anything without ram and video

3. Dominym

Dominym Thread Starter

You won't see BIOS without RAM? I thought you only needed the CPU connected.
    You're the second person to tell me the PSU is crap. Is it the wattage or is it just crap in general?

4. dai

dai

it is not a recommended brand and only 72% efficiency

todays computers require 80% efficiency or better and for pcie system i don't recommend anything less than a

550w to get enough amps available on the 12v line

you need both ram and video to get post

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1098396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice