1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad Motherboard? Toshiba Satellite

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheResidentEvil, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheResidentEvil

TheResidentEvil Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55- A5104. When I try to boot up the laptop, I hear the optical drive making a brief noise, but the computer does not boot up. The power button light, charging light, and power light all come on, but screen remains black and the typical noises of boot up are nonexistent. I am assuming my motherboard is shot. I am willing to replace it on my own, though I had Windows 10 as my OS, and not sure how I am going to go about replacing that, but I am wondering how much I am looking at for cost if I were to replace the motherboard myself versus having a professional replace it. Also, if replacing myself, are there any things I should be aware of before making the attempt? This laptop has been sitting for well over a year since the issue showed up, but I would like to be able to use it again because the computer was not very old when the issue happened. Any information would be very much appreciated. Have a splendid day!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    This looks to be a 4 year old entry level laptop, its not likely worth paying someone to fix it. You would need to order the exact Satellite motherboard and tear the laptop apart, it might not be worth doing by yourself either as it's not an easy task.

You could try re-seating the RAM modules or trying one RAM module at a time, that would be easy to try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice