Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Processor

784 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  aragorn1023 
#1 ·
Is it possible for a bad processor to work in one motherboard and not another. I currently am having the issue where I am told this new board I got is tested and is functioning, but when I hook it up I get no post beeps. I have removed ram and video card and tried to get error beeps, but nothing. Checked all connections and everything is correct. My old board posts and runs with the same exact processor (athlon X2 4400+ toledo) I'm suspecting bad board. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Who told you the board was tested and functioning before you bought it? Was it possibly a seller on eBay? Please post the Motherboard Manufacturer and Model number including Revision number if any.

#3 ·
Ebay is correct my friend. Now before you go knocking me for buying a board off ebay, as far as 939 boards go there aren't a lot of options so I was forced to do this. Which was my last choice. The board is an MSI K8N Diamond no revisions that I can see.

#5 ·
There are reason for purchasing computer parts from eBay, not many good ones, but yours is one of them. Unfortunately, when I see "Tested and Working" I also expect to see a return for refund policy on DAO Merchandise. If that was not one of the policies I wouuld not consider buying that item I was looking at.

Sellers on eBay do not always tell the truth, so you may have indeed been sent a non-working motherboard. Another place4 to look for socket 939 motherboards is www.geeks.com , they frequently have past tech motherboards for sale, some of them brand new even.

#7 ·
Ok thanks. And yea they have a refun policy, but unfortunate for me the best priced board of this model (which got good reviews) had to be shipped from china (literally) and their policy is I have to pay return shipping. So basically I'll pay out of pocket to ship it back just to get a refund for what I paid to get it minus what it cost to send it back. Total bs. And not their giving me this runaround saying I have to test it with this and this and this connected. As a person who has been building and servicing computers for over 10 years this is idiotic. So I am waiting for yet another response probably telling me to set it on fire and see if it works. Anyways I have checked the motherboards cpu support guide and the 4400+ toledo is supported.

#9 ·
Thats the first place I checked. My issue is I'm looking for a performance board. I was looking at a nice gigabyte board or an asus a8n sli deluxe of this msi k8n diamond which all got awesome reviews, but obviously are not on pricewatch for purchasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.