1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad RAM help???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Balon, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

ok, so i would like to start off by saying thanks for all the replys beforehand.

The problem is that ever since i bought new ram to the computer there have been problems from day 1. (8gig Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz CL9)
    The problems have always been related to Games that put pressure on the system and im tired of searching for the problem all the time. But this week the problem got bigger than it have been before. I sat down and played BF3 for 30 min and suddenly the computer gets a Bluescreen with the writings BAD_POOL_HEADER. When i checked the Bluescreenviewer it said that the reason for the BSOD was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. This is nothing new to me so cause i have had this problem before but a fresh installation of windows have fixed the problem before. But this time something new happens. I started up Wow and "bam" it turned off again. When i then tried to start the comp the motherboard wouldnt even beep at the start and nothing was coming up on the screen. I then did some more research and tried to take out one of the memory chips. Windows booted but it recommeded a repair since i had several bad reboots and i pressed yes. When the loading bar for the windows repair tool was on 50% the computer froze. I was forced to start it up again and this time i tried the windows cd to repair from that, then when it was finished with the loading the computer crashed again with a BSOD that said USB_BUGCODE_DRIVER. (I use a USB CD/DVD-R rom ) then when i logged on again i just clicked no on the repair question from windows and ran windows normal,and i got into windows. I rand diagnostics on every component i culd and no one showed any signs of error, not even the RAM. But then i stress tested the ram and yet again i got a bluescreen with ntoskrnl.exe. After turning it on again it worked fine and since i havent got a BSOD. I have tested every slot for the ram and it boots everytime and even today i managed to log onto WOW and play for a while before i logged off and made this post in frustration over wtf is happening here. The only thing i havent tested is putting in the memory stick i took out but it must be a reason windows wouldnt boot. I hope u guys have an answer and im sorry for the wall of stuff to read but i would like u to know every detail.

Motherboard: Asus asus m4a89gtd pro

RAM: 8gig Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz CL9 ( 2 Sticks of 4gig )

Video: Radeon HD 6970

CPU: Phenom 2 x6 1100T BE

Running on a 650 W Powersupply.

PS: SOrry for the bad english guys.

2. olryst

olryst

Have you though about returning the RAM for a replacement, in case it's faulty.

I'd try and get some other RAM to try out.

My setup isen't much different then yours, I have the same RAM and zero crashes.

3. Balon

Balon Thread Starter

Y, i have talked to the shop and im prepared to send the ram back but the question is why all of a sudden do it work now?? After i took out the ram that blocked windows from booting the other one gave me a Bluescreen when i stress tested it, and it did give me a bluescreen when i played wow. But now all of a sudden it works fine in wow :S Thats why im so confused, cause it cant stop working one day and work fine after 2 days of "rest", its not like the ram is having a cold or something :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025542

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice