1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad sound chip?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fyreflye, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fyreflye

Fyreflye Thread Starter

These problems started a couple of weeks ago, and are only getting worse. Here's what's up; On the front panel of my PC, I have a VU meter that is now making a rhythmic ticking sound and twitching. When the computer speakers are on, they emit a ticking sound as well, in rhythm with the meter. The sound from the speakers was stuttering, but is now also static-filled. It seems that the front audio jack is not functioning either, and is constantly giving me an 'unplugged' error message.

I am still able to connect a headset to the rear USB, and get sound that way, but I'd like to have my audio set up and speakers functioning properly! What's the next step, what else should i be doing? Could a sound chip be making all these issues?

What I have tried:
    Gave the inside of my PC a good cleaning and dusting, reconnected my speakers.
    Set up a different set of speakers, no improvement.
    Updated drivers for Realtek Audio.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice