1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad weekend

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scottastroph, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scottastroph

scottastroph Thread Starter

Hello All. After posting this morning about my other computer not finding the primary master hard drive and not booting, I find on this computer that my CD and DVD drives are not working. When I go into my computer they are not there. When I boot up they show there and when I go into my device manager they are there with the yellow exclamation warnings. I uninstall the drivers and and they go away and when I reboot they show back up with the yellow exclamation points. Any Ideas what could be wrong. I havent used my drives since last week so i dont know what could have happened. I ran spybot and adware and got rid of my crap on the system and it shows my AVG scanned this morning and found nothing. I appreciate any help I can get.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What operating system?

3. winbob

winbob

Scott,

If you look at the "Properties" of the Devices there should bea msg 'hinting' at what may be wrong.

Most likely is a driver issue. If the driver code is corrupted, then reloading won't help. You will need to get a new copy downloaded to your HD for a good reload.

4. scottastroph

sorry, XP Pro w/SP2 is my OS. This is the message under the properties for the device: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Thanks for your help, I will go to the websites and download new drivers.

5. ~Candy~

Did you per chance uninstall a cd burning program recently?

Oops nevermind, I see you posted the error code.

Yes, look for drivers.

6. SacsTC

SacsTC

7. scottastroph

Actually yes, I did uninstall Roxio recently.

8. ~Candy~

That will do it ;)

See the link in post #6.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice