1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad windows 8 problem!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Hermanator24, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hermanator24

Hermanator24 Thread Starter

Hello, I recently did a factory on my windows 8 Acer computer and ever since my computer was almost unusable. I have done a full virus scan, optimization, clean, SFC SCANNOW in CMD, Updated everything and I also checked my startup processes and I only have 2 programs set... I don't know what to do and I would very much appreciate the help!

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Hi Hermanator24 and welcome. To start out what problems were you having before you did a factory reset? When you say you did an optimization and clean, what programs did you use? The problems could lie right there.

3. Hermanator24

Well I did the reset because my computer used to be able to play this game called Arma 3 at around 60 FPS and then I just randomly started getting around 20 FPS and I noticed my computer was slowly slowing down in general, I used Smart defrag by IObit and CCleaner and Glarys utilities to do the clean and I have Avast and Malwarebytes for anti virus/malware.

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Did you have them clean the registry?

5. Hermanator24

6. valis

valis Moderator

That would be your problem. Do you have any restore point PRIOR to using them?

FYI,any reg optimiser is, by definition, junkware.

Thanks,

v

7. Hermanator24

So cleaning the registry isn't a good thing? I do believe I have a restore point but I'm pretty sure I would of did a clean before the restore point.

8. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I'd give it a shot.

9. valis

valis Moderator

Unless you do it manually, no, cleaning the registry is useless. If you do it manually, you can at least learn how to reformat and why, as opposed to just having to reformat. ;)

10. Hermanator24

I'm sorry, what?

11. Hermanator24

Yeah makes sense, but how can I fix my problem?

12. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

If a restore point doesn't work you'll probably have to reinstall Windows.

13. Hermanator24

Isn't that what a factory reset is?

14. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    A factory reset - my experience is only with Dells- returns the OS to the condition it was in when put on the computer. This would be the OEM in most cases, who would have placed it, as an installable product, on the computer. Again in my case, it even restores the original partitions. When the computer restarts you are given a quick questionnaire as to how you want the OS installed.

I don't doubt, for one moment, Valis's comments, but I am sure a factory reset would not be affected by anything you had subsequently altered, as it is all erased anyway.

Whenever I conduct a factory reset, it starts the install process from the very beginning, with a required log in etc.

Your problem, I would suggest, must lie in your bios or your hardware., including drivers. Have a look in the device manager and try updating a few items - in particular the Graphics card and any intel items.

15. Hermanator24

I did update everything but I used a software to do it called IObit booster and I also installed all the windows updates

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice