1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bad_pool_caller

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by belethcalwen, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belethcalwen

belethcalwen Thread Starter

Hello,

I've had my computer bluescreen several times recently but haven't added any new hardware or done anything else obvious that could have brought this on. (I'm using Vista). Before it dies normally I will get about 8 thick lines or so across my monitor (they move and print screen doesn't pick them up) and suddenly I can't watch anything in full screen any more because the image is too slow.

I saw that you have been able to help others with this issue and asked them to send you the minidump files so hopefully the attachment works and is what you're after.

I'm aware that these could be unrelated things, but I'm also no good with computers so I thought I better mention everything - and who knows you may have a suggestion for the other thing anyway.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Attached Files:

2. belethcalwen

belethcalwen Thread Starter

anybody at all? :(
    my computer still keeps doing it >.<

3. GowerIT

GowerIT

Hi, I checked a couple of the minidumps and both of them said "Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys". This is an Nvidia driver. Ensure you have the correct and latest drivers. If these fail to resolve the fault then perhaps it is hardware related. Maybe the card is overheating? Open your case and check the fan on the graphics card to see if there is lots of dust on it. HTH :) Gower IT

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice