1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad_pool_caller

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wasabishot, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wasabishot

wasabishot Thread Starter

Hey Guys
    I'm a linux user so I have not so much knowledge of microsoft windows so I ask you for your kind help.
    I had the PC of my girlfriend working just fine with parts I've collected from here and there.
    Not much was installed: only office, itunes and printer drivers.

Last night she left the cpu running overnight and on the morning screen was flashing on and off.
    I restarted the system and then the blue screen appeared with the message mentioned in the topic.
    Furthermore, there are some strange marks all over the screen since the first moment of startup,
    what makes me think it's a problems that has to do with the graphic card. (which is one of the nvidia GeForce series)
    but I'm not sure at all what is the source of the problem.

Steps I took until now:
    took the RAM out, and put it back
    did the same with the graphics card.

as i got frustrated i decided to try and reinstall windows xp, i formatted the hard drive
    and while installing it crashed showing the blue screen again!
    this time the system dumped a file, i dont know what it means....

I stopped doing things now, cause it might cause more harm
    please , if somebody has any suggestions..
    I would appreciate it alot!

2. Megabite

Megabite

If it has 2 sticks of Ram take one out and try and if no go try the other one

3. DoomHammer

DoomHammer

Since you formatted HD, and Blue Screen showed again, it's most definitely hardware issue.

My suggestion is to take out the battery (to restart BIOS) and than modify BIOS configuration to fit for the use of the new system. However, this time try installing WinOS without the graphic card only if there's an integrated VGA/AGP. That's how you'll deduce possibility of G-card being fault.
    If the problem keeps appearing try replacing Hard Drive with a different one.
    If the problem still continues, than it's about custom configuration of the system hardware properties in which case something's making a problem.
    If nothing's making a problem there than it's windows disc. Also, during installation unplug all exterior devices beside mouse, keyboard and audio device.

I'm no tech support, lol. however this sounds oddly familiar to me.

4. wasabishot

wasabishot Thread Starter

Thanks for all the quick replies!!!
    The Ram test haven't brought up any fruits...
    battery was pulled out, and put in again.
    hard drives were replaced and no change.

Unfortunately, There is no integrated vga card, what could be great for the testing.

One more thing to mention - colorful marks keeps on appearing on screen , doesn't matter what i do.
    definitely not a screen problem, cause it runs perfectly with other cpus.

so what is left for me now as i see it is to search for another g-card and try again installing windows.
    any other ideas?

5. Megabite

Megabite

Sounds like it could be the video card going faulty........

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice