1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bad_Pool_Header when connecting Buffalo 750GB Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Silver_Fox869, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver_Fox869

Silver_Fox869 Thread Starter

Hi Techguys

I get the BSOD with the Bad_Pool_Header error message when I connect a newly purchased external Buffalo 750GB Hard Drive to my PC. I have a HP Pavilion t3560.uk 3.4Mhz Pentium D Dual Core with 2048Mb RAM running Windows XP Home Edition SP3. The Drive worked fine until a couple of weeks in and still works fine in Windows Professional on the same machine and with a backup machine running Windows XP Home with SP3. The drive is a Buffalo 750GB USB 2.0 Drivestation. I have no problem running other Buffalo drives on the PC. The BSOD happens no matter whether the USB is attached at startup or plugged in after.
    I have a copy of the BSOD details if that would help. I have about 200GB of multi media files on the drive and I need to solve this problem and get access to it again.
    Any help would be really appreciated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice