Badly Need Help !!!! :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sniper420

I recently bought a new graphics card ati x 700 pro (initially I had MSI 5600 FX) . The card required seperate power supply. I have ASUS p4p800 MB and 512 ram. I have 300W power supply which power 80 GB maxtor HD and SATA WD CAvier 120 GB hard drive, floopy disk, DVD rom, DVD writer and 2.4 GHZ processor. Three days after I istalled the ATI graphics card, I was playing battlefield 2 when the coomputer automatically switched off. I was smelled something burning. I guess the power supply got messed up. I tried switching on but it didnt. The power requirements in the ati card manual said minimum 300 W PS. What dio you guys suggest where is the problem and do I need more Watt PS? If yes how much? Another question is is X700 1.5 V?

sniper420 said:
I recently bought a new graphics card ati x 700 pro (initially I had MSI 5600 FX) . The card required seperate power supply. I have ASUS p4p800 MB and 512 ram. I have 300W power supply which power 80 GB maxtor HD and SATA WD CAvier 120 GB hard drive, floopy disk, DVD rom, DVD writer and 2.4 GHZ processor. Three days after I istalled the ATI graphics card, I was playing battlefield 2 when the coomputer automatically switched off. I was smelled something burning. I guess the power supply got messed up. I tried switching on but it didnt. The power requirements in the ati card manual said minimum 300 W PS. What dio you guys suggest where is the problem and do I need more Watt PS? If yes how much? Another question is is X700 1.5 V?
yes, thats a lot of hardware, you should have 400watts min, dont go cheap, stick with Enermax, Antec

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online