1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bah! I need some experienced tech advice please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Clearcoat, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Clearcoat

Clearcoat Thread Starter

My Rig:
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    450W CoolBlue PSU
    ASUS A7N8X-deluxe
    AMD 2800+
    1.5 gig DDR 3200 Crucial
    TDK DVD/RW dvd
    Lite-on CD/RW
    ATI Radeon 7500
    D-link NIC
    2 WD 80G/8mb cache
    2 WD 40G/2mb cache
    Using the OnBoard Nvidia Sound
    Norton AVG corporate 9 - Regular virus scans
    Ad-Aware pro - Comes back clean
    ALL M$ updates minus SP2 (still dont trust it, paranoid till I hear different)

I've been getting vast amounts of BSOD's. As far as I can tell it appears to be a driver problem, however I have recently updated all the Nforce drivers and ATI drivers.
    heres the latest error code:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c5 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80540551). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020705-01.dmp.

I googled it and came back as a bad AGP to PCI driver, Reapplied the appropriate driver, and got the same BSOD! but this BSOD referred me to use the driver verifier, which from what i can tell is only available to a paying customer into building drivers for Windows.

Moving on, I got MyDrivers 3.1 and Driverguide Toolkit to try to narrow down the driver problem. Got a whole new set of drivers, saved em, Re-installed Windoze, removed windows drivers for audio and video, and applied the new drivers acquired through MyDrivers and DriverGuideTK.....

1st time: The device, \Device\Scsi\Pnp6801, did not respond within the timeout period.
    * pretty sure thats nothing to worry about, but its something I havent seen before, let me know.

2nd time: Error code 00000024, parameter1 001902fa, parameter2 f78ea934, parameter3 f78ea634, parameter4 80540551.

3rd Time: My personal favorite is back-----The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c5 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80540551)

a series of these: 8 to be exact
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x8054105b, 0xa9592aa4, 0x00000000)
    * mind you I have the bugcheck set to NOT reboot, but it doesnt listen.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x80540551, 0xa9238ba4, 0x00000000)

so far thats it, the crashes are random, sometimes its just idling, sometimes i'm playin a game, sometimes i'm just writing some email etc. I have had 61 crashes in 10 days!!!! All with the messages given above.

this just started popping up too, I know its Hardware/Driver related; I have taken great care of this machine FYI, and i'm just exhausted from tryin to narrow down and fix the issue which is causing me so much grief.

Finally, I have ran the following tests:
    RAM - ALL 3 mod's PASSED
    HDD chkdisk - PASSED

I dont smoke around my box, no pets, I'm completely anal bout the cleanliness of my machine.

Please help me! Pleeeeeeese!

thanks in advance for any assistance.

ClearCoat

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    heres a link to the stop codes
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

seems like you have done most things - have you tried reseating everything
    and do you have a monitor for voltages etc

3. brite750

brite750

If you are thinking that this is a software problem I'm not sure what to recommend if it was me I'd reformat, or post a HJT log on the security forum just to make sure you dont have some nasty spyware/trojan/malware, the fact that you run Norton gives me no comfort, most folks around these parts run AVG, Spybot S&D, AdawareSE, etc. I've had Norton miss stuff regularly. With all your drives I
    d back up my stuff and format you OS drive, the time your going to spend chasing some driver issue down is just not worth it IMO.

4. 4steve44

4steve44

I'm a little confused :confused: Why do you have a AGP card in and then are using the onboard Video? If it were me if I wasn't using the AGP card then I would remove it along with all associated software. There might be a conflict between the two videos. Just my 2 cents ;)

5. brite750

brite750

mobo doesnt have onbord gfx
    oh i see what your thinking the nf drivers are for the mobo the ati for the gfx

6. Clearcoat

Clearcoat Thread Starter

Thats correct, I use ATI AGP but the mobo has Nforce(NVidia) chipset. I have disabled the BIOS caching and shadowing, Ran HJT and it does appear the IE has or was Hijacked, cleaned it up, all is good on that front. I'm going on 6 hours crash free! heh
    I'm totally willing to blow the OS drive off as it appears that a ton of registry entries are missing?? neways thanks for your help thus far! I really appreciate the links and suggestions.
    cheers

7. 4steve44

4steve44

You are very welcome and BTW Welcome to TSG! :eek:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice