1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Banding on Canon Pixma ip3500 printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by glorythreads, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. glorythreads

glorythreads Thread Starter

The Cyan color on my printer is creating bands about 1/4" wide on both plain and photo paper. I have done repeated cleanings and alignments using tools in the software. Canon support will not answer my questions. How do I clean (I am assuming that is the problem) the nozzles/head of this kind of printer? It is 2 1/2 years old and I'd sure like to no have to buy a new one.

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

3. glorythreads

Thank you for responding. The ink was about 1 month old when I put it in. I have done repeated deep cleans of nozzles and head as the manual suggests. In browsing the internet I've found various techniques to clean the head and nozzles, but so many different solutions are suggested and then others say not to use them that I don't know what to try. I can find no cleaning cartridges appropriate for this computer. The banding is dark blue, then light blue horizontally across the paper. It did not happen until recently.

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

i cant find any info on that printer to remove the head, I have removed heads on older canon printers and cleaned up , maybe a call to the canon support line may be in order, unless other members have a solution

5. thomasjk

thomasjk

6. glorythreads

Thank you for your comments. I will try one more cleaning and then decide if it's a new print head or a new printer. I was able to remove the print head easily so that is not a problem.

7. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

what are you cleaning with ?

8. glorythreads

After reading about all sorts of solutions on various sites, I just guessed and tried distilled water with some alcohol in it.
    What do you think works best?

9. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

That will do it,

10. glorythreads

It's reassuring to know that solution will work. I just have to do it again as the bands are still slightly there. Thank you for your help.

11. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

12. glorythreads

Thanks again--that's a hoot (using whiskey). Just goes to prove a good many products will work.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946400