1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Banding on second monitor - Windows 10

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThatAjcGuy, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ThatAjcGuy

ThatAjcGuy Thread Starter

Earlier today I plugged in a second monitor to my laptop and there's banding on most videos I watch and most scales I view. I took two pictures of the issue on my iPhone, I attached the pictures below. I've tried messing around with my Intel Graphics Panel and the monitor settings itself. I've managed to minimize it from where it was in the beginning but it's still very noticeable to me. Is there anything I should try to fix it?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aoc-21-5-ips-led-hd-monitor-black/8163044.p?skuId=8163044
    I believe this is the monitor I'm using. I'm also using this VGA to HDMI adapter.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OFQUDR...t=&hvlocphy=9019522&hvtargid=pla-318768076279
    Any and all help would be appreciated.
    -Ajc

Attached Files:

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Have you set the resolution to 1920x1080 and the refresh rate to 60 ?

3. ThatAjcGuy

The monitor has always been 1920x1080 and I changed the refresh rate from 59 to 60. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the banding.

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok, I suspect the HDMI to VGA adapter could be the culprit.
    Can you test the monitor on another computer, preferably one with a VGA output ?

5. ThatAjcGuy

I can't test it on another computer at the moment. I unplugged the monitor and plugged it back in and noticed that it still showed red where black should be. I think there's something wrong with the monitor itself since it wasn't plugged into anything and it still had the issue.

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Well if it shows red when there is no input from the laptop I would agree the monitor could be faulty.
    I would try to test it on another computer anyway if you can, if it's a VGA to VGA connection that should solve it.

7. ThatAjcGuy

I'll have to try that tomorrow, thanks for the advice!

8. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    You're welcome, good luck with it and please let me know how it goes. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1193140

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice