1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bandwidth usage (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jesko_99, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesko_99

jesko_99 Thread Starter

Can you tell me how it differs from internet usage in the states to foreign countries(South Africa) I have a service now that claims I use over 1G a day...this last month I was charged for over 50G. I use FB and yahoo email. I do play slots/bingo online...can that increase the usage to this high extremes. We have no other options here but feel that something is calculated differently than services in the states. We do not dl movies but on rare occasion use our roku. I am not tech savy..know enough to use it!:confused:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I'm in UK

how many devices do you have connected
    you should be able to log into your broadband account and see you usage - usually listed daily (although a few days behind)

what do you do with the Roku?

Slots and Bingo online will be using bandwidth , as will most things you do online, just how much will depend on what you use.
    50GB is quite a lot

think about all the things you use
    there are quite a few online broadband calculators to work out your usage

I use them a lot to check peoples usage , and if they need unlimited or can use a 10,20,40GB service which are the common amounts in UK

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice