Bandwith exceeded

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joe501

Hi
I have a wanadoo broadband account with 2GB download limit every month.
I received a letter from them saying that my average download over the past 3 months was 4 GB, and I would be fined if I continued to exceed it.
Is there any way to see how much 'download' I have left of a month?
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks...? :confused: :) :confused: (y)
Joe

Your ISP should have a site where you can check your usage per month and when the start and end of each 'usage' month is.
Try here for details from your provider.

joe501

little den said:
Your ISP should have a site where you can check your usage per month and when the start and end of each 'usage' month is.
Try here for details from your provider.
they dont :( i e-mailed them they are looking to provide one 'in the near future', which is a bit stupid as if I exceed the limit again they will tell me off, but I can't find out how much usage i have left! It's a vicious circle :mad: ! They suggest downloading a 'usage meter' but I did a search and they are all confusing and the one I tried didnt work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would first suggest you stop using an ISP that caps downloads. Pretty barbaric if you ask me. Switch to a normal Cable, DSL, or Satellite.

There are utilities that can track this for you. I'm not sure which ones are best 'cause I'd never consider a company with practices like that, but I'm sure other users can advise you which ones are best.

If no one else does go onto download.com and search and read the reviews.

Hope this helps, and good luck. That certainly must be one annoying problem. Sorry you're in that situation.

How can you tell if your ISP does cap downloads? I have roadrunner internet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online