1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bandwith

Discussion in 'Networking' started by muzzammilravian, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. muzzammilravian

muzzammilravian Thread Starter

I have a network and 3 lines from my isp of vdsl of 20mb each i want that all three lines are joined and my users on network get equal speed on of the internet. How I can do this?
    For example if 2 ppl aur using network they should get 30 mb ech and i there are 60 then each gets 1 mb how i can do this can you help me please?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi muzzammilravian, and welcome to TSG.

Sounds like you need a load balancing router with at least three WAN ports. You might want to consider spending a bit more for one with one or two spare WAN ports should you ever wish to add more broadband lines. Here is a link to an example of one such product (Note: Not an endorsement by myself or TSG of any particular manufacturer or model):
    http://edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=213&pl1_id=3&pl2_id=65

EDIT: For future reference, the site rules prohibit cross-posting on the site.

3. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

See cwwozniak's post. probably cost about US$700

Doesn't work that way. Only thing connecting the lines together will get you is a call from your ISP that youir service is cancelled.

4. muzzammilravian

Sir I want to do this without a router. I have a computer for this which contains 4 lan cards 3 will be used for incoming and 1 one will be out..!! which software or what i should install in that machine that is my point?

5. muzzammilravian

Dont worry for the isp i have everything done with them. I just want that first machine will join the three then distribute it over the network

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I probably won't have an answer but it might help someone else to help you if you let us know what operating system is running on the computer as well as the details on how the four Ethernet ports are set up on the computer.

7. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

There's a fundamental misunderstanding of how networks work if you're expecting to be able to combine speeds between circuits. If in fact this is what you're looking for, even with 3 20 Mb/s lines, the maximum you'll ever get regardless of the technology you use is going to be 20 Mb/s per session.

Regardless of this, do you actually have the network traffic to really justify an attempt to get a 60 Mb/s line....let alone trying to saturate a single 20 Mb/s line. Also, even if you're able to maximize the use of these pipes, you're at the whim of the target server. You'll only be as fast as the target server can transmit data back to you.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice