1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Banned from mIRC server..?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Stealthz, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealthz

Stealthz Thread Starter

I use the thundercity mIRC server frequently. However, about a week a go I tried to connect and I get this:

* Connecting to irc.thundercity.net (6663)
    -
    -irc.thundercity.net- *** Looking up your hostname
    -
    -irc.thundercity.net- *** Found your hostname, cached
    -
    -irc.thundercity.net- *** Checking your IP against DNS ban lists
    -
    -irc.thundercity.net- *** Checking Ident
    -
    -irc.thundercity.net- *** DNS ban list check passed
    -
    -irc.thundercity.net- *** No ident response
    -
    Ping? Pong!
    -
    <Ryan> Spamming.
    -
    Closing Link: Paws by Amsterdam.NL.EU.ThunderCity.Net (G-lined)

I believe this is telling me I've been banned for spamming. I know I didn't do anything wrong. The only thing I can think of is pasting a particular command maybe 3 times through private message, but certainly not raw spamming. I've waited over a week and I'm still banned from the server. Is there anyway to get out of this? Anyone I could talk to? I honestly didn't anything wrong to my knowledge, and would hate to not be able to use this server ever again.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Never used the service but I found the AUP with some contact information here ...

http://www.thundercity.net/aup.html

4 - APPEALING A VIOLATION

If you are banned or denied access to a ThunderCity server or the entire network, you should follow the procedure outlined below. Please note, however, that ThunderCity server administrators are under no obligation to take any further action if you are denied access.

· If you are K:lined (banned from a specific server), contact the server administration (/ADMIN will display a contact e-mail address) and request the elimination of the ban, explaining how future incidents can be avoided.

· If you are G:lined (banned from the entire network for a particular length of time), contact [email protected] and request that the ban be lifted, explaining how future incidents can be avoided.

Certain servers limit access to users from foreign countries to encourage users to utilize a server closer to their location. These bans will not be lifted. If your entire site (Internet provider host) is banned from a server, please contact your ISP administrator and ask that they contact the ThunderCity server administrators themselves.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice