1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

banned from this site, how?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by oldunion, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldunion

oldunion Thread Starter

I was originally banned from a site for extremely harmless reasons (not important). So i made a new account and kept posting. Theyve found out about this and now banned this account. Ok, so i make a third and i am able to log in with this 3rd account but all post options are denied. Therefore my conclusion is that i was banned through my ip. However, i am using a proxy linking program with only elite proxys. So are these proxies not high enough in anonymity? How can i get back to this site?

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. oldunion

oldunion Thread Starter

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    It almost might be a good idea to play by the rules this time so we don't have to ban your account a third time. ;)

Maybe everyone should take a minute to refresh: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I get the impression that he/she isn't talking about this site............however, playing by the rules for ANY site is always a good idea. Perhaps a sincere apology email to their admin would be in order ;)

6. golddust

golddust

You never know, sometimes someone will use the 'other site' as an excuse to get some info.

7. ~Candy~

8. oldunion

oldunion Thread Starter

What? Im extremely insulted. i have not been banned from this site once and i have some 90 quality posts. the admins on the other site are all on power trips, but ive negotiated my way back in. now since this site has always been good with tech info, i wanted to ask through what method i was banned from the other site...insulted

9. ~Candy~

I would like to point out that I picked up your drift, however, you MUST ADMIT, the thread title is a tad misleading ;)

banned from this site, how?

THIS being the key word.

10. oldunion

oldunion Thread Starter

sure, no harm :cool:

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice