Banner Advertising on TV

Tildy

Hello, hello..
In the last few months I have been very much bothered by advertising banner adds flashing across my TV screen even while a show is playing.
This is really annoying considering we have to watch commercials .
I have Samsung Smart TV 2015 and internet search tells me to go through Smart settings and untick this and that to nullify advertising.
Trouble is I can no longer get in to them since I am now on Bell Fibe TV. When I try to do it with TV setting I get no signal and Smart settings are greyed out.
If I go to Smart TV when on Bell I get the same thing....

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Tildy

Drabdr

Brad
Hello Tildy!
did you ever find a resolution for this one?

Tildy

Hello Tildy!
did you ever find a resolution for this one?
Hello

No resolution to the problem. I still cannot get in to the Smart settings to do the necessary adjustments. From what I have read in my travels through the Net it would seem Samsung is the worst culprit for this problem. Not ready to buy a new TV just yet so guess I will have to put up with it.:confused:

Tildy

No , the ads are not related to Samsung.
They are ads right on whatever TV station and can be for upcoming shows and other stuff and I even saw one for Heinz right while the show was playing. They are in banner form across bottom of screen and can totally obliterate any captions which I often have to use since my hearing ain't what it used to be. Just downright advertising !
I will try and get a pic with my mobile tonight and will post it.
Thanks for interest
Tildy

Tildy

So here is one banner smaller, I managed to catch . It appeared at least three time while show Law and Order rerun was playing. TV logo on the right. Annoying !....
In meantime I had chat with neighbours and they are experiencing same thing. Their enquiries with Bell led to to the answer that the banners are directly from whatever TV station and the show playing and they can do nothing about it so TV is not at fault. They are fans of Dr Phil show and complained about his logo appearing on the bottom left of the screen all through the show with the station logo on the right. They sometimes need captions too so not happy campers.
Thanks for interest.
Tildy

TVBanner.jpg

Drabdr

Brad
Hello Tildy!

try this and see if it slows the ads down:

Goto your samsung smart tv Settings - Support.

Here you can locate "Terms & Policy", then click to open it.

In the section click to open "Interest Based Advertisement".

Finally click to disable "Enable to make the content and advertising on smart tv more interactive" option.

Tildy

Hello Tildy!

try this and see if it slows the ads down:

Goto your samsung smart tv Settings - Support.

Here you can locate "Terms & Policy", then click to open it.

In the section click to open "Interest Based Advertisement".

Finally click to disable "Enable to make the content and advertising on smart tv more interactive" option.
As I said in my first post ..I am no longer able to get in to Smart Settings on my TV. It requires me to be connected and once I do that the Bell takes over
Bell Fibe TV runs the show now.
It does everything Smart TV can do and more but there are no settings to disallow TV Advertising.

Drabdr

Brad
Hello Tildy!
First... my apologies for having you have to repeat what you already had. I should have read more closely.

By what I understand... there are two methods to access your TV settings: Through the Bell Fibe TV app and the actual Samsung television settings, using the television base remote. And both of those are unsuccessful. For both, the System settings option is greyed out. Correct?

These ads.... do they appear only when you use the Bell Fibe TV app? Can you access any local broadcast channels through an antenna or something, and do they appear there also? Same kind of ads?

Meaning, could it be these ads are inherent to using the Bell Fibe TV service?

Couriant

James
Judging by what I have read, this is something that is happening in Canada. Rogers seem to be have the same thing, but I can't tell if it's the provider doing it, or the specific channels. Since it's fibre (digital) tv, I suspect it's the channel provider.

Couriant

James
One thing I just thought, do you have more than one receiver? And if so, is the other receiver/s on a non-smart TV? If this is the case, check the other TV to see if you see it there. That way you can eliminate the Samsung TV as the issue. Or if your neighbours have the same issue.

Also is these ads on 'local' channels? like in the US we have NBC/ABC/CBS/FOX.

Tildy

Bell is my provider. The app is included in the package Bell Fibe TV . That is all in the service which allows me to record, cancel, rerun, rewind etc., etc. even on my computer from their on line pages.

My TV can only connect through them and their remote. On my TV remote, Smart TV is greyed out as TV has to be connected to operate. I have no other means of connecting so has to be Bell's HDMI plugin.
Their remote does not indicate any advertising options.

I never used the Smart TV before Bell as it does use lots of internet and can run in to some serious money unless you have unlimited internet. With Bell Fibe I have 350gb which is more than enough for me.

Bell say they are not responsible for advertising while show is running.

Tildy

Couriant said:
Also is these ads on 'local' channels? like in the US we have NBC/ABC/CBS/FOX.

Yes I have all of those channels but noticed also that some of the shows are running at same time on our local channels, Global, CTV etc., so could be sourced through Canadian channels. One of the banners I saw was for CAA which is our Canadian Automobile Assoc., so definitely a Can. channel problem and I guess we are stuck with it.
Well I give up ..time to shut up and put up with or change my provider:cautious:
Thanks
Tildy

Last edited by a moderator:

Couriant

James
Sorry we couldn't help any further. I find it odd that the cable box is preventing the settings on your TV though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online