Banner Advertising on TV

Tildy

Sorry we couldn't help any further. I find it odd that the cable box is preventing the settings on your TV though.
Only the Smart TV settings are greyed out...one has to be connected to internet to access that
I can adjust everything else pertaining to TV itself.
Bell Fibe allows all and more than Smart TV would ( plus pesky banners:LOL:)

AmyToo

Amy
This isn't a Smart TV problem. Smart TV means the TV connects to the internet and runs apps.

If the content is from the provider, then it's either the station or the provider that's displaying the ads. You can't turn this off or disable it with a setting on the TV.

RT

Hi Tildy!

In agreement with AmyToo, and If I've read your posts right, it seems to me to be one of those network things you cannot avoid, when dealing with mainstream cable TV.
Many channels throw up occasional banners and often constantly display their network logo in one corner, using up some screen space.
Some of those ad banners and pop-ups seem to hog a quarter of the screen, but they don't stay on too long - but they may repeat and thus block any subtitles or closed captioned segments of the show.
But the network logo is there all the time.

One solution is to use the zoom function on your TV so that the offending ads are off screen (more or less) but you'd be cropping the picture as well.

That is not the case with streaming services like Amazon Prime (for one) and perhaps Hulu, Netflix, etc. but of course those services will cost you a bit. But you're paying for no ads.

Tildy

Yes I have realized that it is provider channel problems and as I said stuck with it.
I did try the zoom thing but that does throw things out of proportion and any captions disappear .
I am already paying almost 200 dollars a month for the package I have and as an old lady pensioner just cannot afford to pay for these ad free services.
I think we should campaign for ' Package for Pensioners ' 😌:ROFLMAO:

Tildy

AmyToo

Amy
If you're in the United States, you can get an antenna and watch over the air TV for free.

You could also get a Roku and get free programming with the Roku and PlutoTV channels (assuming you have an internet connection).

Your cable provider might offer a much cheaper basic package.

Tildy

Well I live in apartment building so no antenna and as for a cheaper package what I have is cheapest ($188.85 ) and that is after much haggling . Every year the price goes up and so another haggle

I have home phone , internet ,and TV with dozens of channels I will never look at plus banners as an added attraction of course.:cool:

BTW...Canada has the most expensive internet in the World as of 2020 !
Some countries get it at no cost ......:unsure:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online