1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Banner for TSG - is there one available???

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by theMusicMan, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theMusicMan

theMusicMan Thread Starter

Hi

I am about to ressurect my own www site and I would very much like to put a link somewhere on the page to TSG. Is there a selection of banners or something similar available that I could choose from? If so, would anyone please be kind enough to provide the code.

I have seen recently some new banners such as 'Thanks from TSG' and 'Welcome to TSG' - obviously in graphic format. Would appreciate any pointers.

Many thanks,

John

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Just right click on any banner you like and save it. Then insert it in your web page. The tags would depend on how you want to use it.

Here is a tag for one of my links. now on the image and link tags

Change the () to <>

(a name="image")(img src="flag.gif" width="161" height="90" alt="" border="0)<BR><BR>
    (A HREF="http://www.rselby.com/onenation.htm"target="_blank")(font color="blue" size="5")<B>One Nation Under God</font></B>(/a)

I know this looks complicated but that is because every other word is a different color. Copy it and paste it an

3. DZDNTampa

DZDNTampa

John,

I created this with Photoshop for my website. Maybe this will work for you.

Attached Files:

4. rkselby98

rkselby98

I'll email you the tag with the link and image so all you have to do is place it where you want it. Give me a few minutes to do this.

Now do you want the link to go to the main page here or to a certain forum here?

5. theMusicMan

theMusicMan Thread Starter

Hi rkselby

I think it wold be better to link to the main page on TSG. Thanks for your help - look forward to receiving the e-mail.

John

6. rkselby98

rkselby98

It is on it's way. I checked it and it works. It will open a new window to the tech guy forum.

All you have to do is copy and paste. Don't forget to upload your image file as a binery file.

It will not show up without the image file. Just wanted to make sure you don't forget seeing as how you I guess have never used an image as a link.

Good luck on your site and send me the url so I can take a look.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!