1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Banners blocked

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by R Stubbs, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R Stubbs

R Stubbs Thread Starter

I currently am have a problem with some banners on a web site not showing up.....using Windows XP home on a laptop....

Some banners show up on the site and others don't....don't know if this is a browser settings problem or what....

The site in question is a local Chamber of Commerce site where members join at on of three levels.....when I go to the site, only one of the levels shows it's banner....the other two levels of membership only show generic buttons instead of the members banner???

All banners are gif format and created the same way....the various banners show up on different pages of the site.

Any suggestions?

2. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

try using another browser such as firefox.

hosts files don't seem to bother firefox

and if you want you can use my adblock files.

i blocked every ad possible and made sure that it doesnt block anything usefull to. to make the file, i open about 2000 pages and block all ads.

3. R Stubbs

R Stubbs Thread Starter

Can you use both Firefox and Explorer? I have heard concerns on each

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/384665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice