1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bannned server automatic redirect

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gander, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gander

gander Thread Starter

Opening the Chrome browser this am, I went to my home page no problem. Then I attempted to go to one of my news pages, cbc.ca/ and it sends me to a page, Banned server and redirects me to mediaplex.com. I used IE and was able to access the cbc.ca/ site. What can I do to fix the issue in Chrome?
    Additional info. I went on Chrome using the incognito window, and I was able to log into the cbc.ca/ page.

2. gander

gander Thread Starter

Problem partly solved. I discovered that the redirect was downloaded when certain sites were visited. By clearing the browsing history in Chrome, the redirect disappeared. However, what would be a solution to prevent the download? The infected site appears to be a contest site that was visited by a family member. That site can be avoided, but what about blocking mediaplex in other sites?

3. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Reopened as requested

4. gander

gander Thread Starter

This problem persists. I can clear the mediaplex redirect, but it seems when I visit certain other sites, it is reloaded or reactivated. I can clear it again by deleting the browser history, but I noticed that the url avatar on the cbc.ca page remained the mediaplex one, and not the cbc one. So, the redirect is still there. Does anyone have a fix?? Other than not using chrome?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/901504