1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bare-bones XP running??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TO Lady, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TO Lady

TO Lady Thread Starter

Here's my story: Just got a photographic printer that can handle 13"x17". Use Photoshop to edit these pics. Photoshop is a big piggy when working on files this big.

question 1: which files under "running processes" can I turn off to give extra resources to Photoshop. I've highlighted the ones I THINK I can turn off in red. Any extra processes to end? I will NOT be connected to net at the time therefore don't neet Norton or Zone Alarm etc. I will reboot PC after editing so I get all cancelled programmes back on and running.

question 2: which files highlighted in BLUE can I permanently cancel from running and please give explicit instructions on how to do this? are any of these blue programmes a "must" for WinXP to run properly?

Thanks again for your help. I've attached as BMP. Please change extension to PDF, as I needed to keep as PDF to keep the color formatting. Cut and paste to here removes all formatting.
    Cheers, Sandi

Attached Files:

2. codexaenir

codexaenir

3. TO Lady

TO Lady Thread Starter

GEEEEEEEZ, can the print on that guy's site get any smaller?? I even changed my monitor settings to 800x600 and still can't read it!

4. TO Lady

TO Lady Thread Starter

[bump] Firstly, as you need the eyes of a hawk to read that guy's website, I can't see it,, and secondly whatever I can download and read from his site is a bit beyond my comprehension (there's a reason why it says Junion Member under my name! *LOL*)

Can anyone review these two lists and just tell me what I can turn off safely to get my PC running bare-bones. Help would be appreciated. Cheers, Sandi

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice