1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Base Filtering Engine & Windows Firewall Services disappeared; consrv.dll (trojan)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by gwiffer, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwiffer

gwiffer Thread Starter

Two days ago, AVG popup showed infection in C:\windows\system32\consrv.dll as trojan horse generic_r.JU. I moved it to the virus vault.

I recently connected my xbox360 to the network and have been streaming videos from this computer.

I compared a previous exported services list to the current list and found these services missing:

Base Filtering Engine (BFE)
    IP Helper
    Security Center
    Windows Defender
    Windows Firewall

The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ keys for MpsSvc and BFE are missing, however the SharedAccess key is still present.

I try to go to Windows Firewall through the Control Panel, but this is what happens:

[​IMG]

Do I need to do a full wipe and reinstall windows 7?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. gwiffer

gwiffer Thread Starter

solved w/ fresh install!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice