1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Base system device

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ashwinsharma2100, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashwinsharma2100

ashwinsharma2100 Thread Starter

My laptop crashes anytime and also there is no error generated but i came to know its base system device proble. I am using windows 7 and i have Lenovo Y 410 32 bit laptop.pls help.

Ashwin

2. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

Not saying it is the same problem.........but on my unit I have to get the card reader driver to take care of the base device...Its listed as a chipset driver though..2 chipset drivers..I am not sure of the reasoning behind it.
    Have you looked on the lenovo site for the drivers?..did the unit come equipped with w 7 or did you upgrade it

3. ashwinsharma2100

ashwinsharma2100 Thread Starter

I upgraded it....so u are saying i ned to update my chipset drivers???????

4. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

Yes I would update all drivers{the example of mine as far as chipset listed for the card reader on the dell site}..was probably just a which category to put it in
    If may not fix the crashing...never know though,incorrect drivers can cause weird things to happen on ocassion

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice