baseball fans

valis

Craig Biggio got his 3,000th hit. Finally. Tried to stretch it into a double (guy's got 600 and change of those, why not one more?) but got thrown out.

Regardless, in a season that flat out stinks in Houston, a bit of light in the middle of the tunnel as Biggio punched his ticket to Cooperstown. :)

The cool thing? All 3k came with one team; rarely see that anymore.

The second cool thing? My boss (well, the cio, so my bosses boss) played with him in AA back in 87 or so.

The really cool thing? They're still pretty good friends, and as my company did the ground work for MinuteMaid Park, he's been in a few times.....

Kudo's to Craig. (y)

:)

valis

love to see the mariners go.....detroit......more of a hockey town for me, but I definitely will give it up for the Trammell/Whitaker duo.

valis

and biggio went 5-5....talk about putting a nail in it. :)

ekim68

Mike
Well done Biggio...Probably get him into the Hall.

(And, yes, go Mariners...) This might be our last shot with Ichiro..

valis said:
love to see the mariners go.....detroit......more of a hockey town for me, but I definitely will give it up for the Trammell/Whitaker duo.
Hi v :)

Trammell/Whitaker duo - the good 'ole days (y)

valis

best 'ole days.....the REAL baseball era, not the 'juiced' era....:)

yeah, pretty sure 3k will punch his ticket for cooperstown.....first ballot hall of famer, I'd say....I'd be pretty astounded if he weren't, especially with over 600 doubles in that mix...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online