1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Basic Computer Question, Help Pleeeease?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jonah585, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonah585

jonah585 Thread Starter

I am not very tech savvy so hopefully someone can help. I play on a Poker site and play on their software program. Recently the site banned my account because my roommate who uses the same Wifi as me decided to make an account and start playing on the site as well and asked me to help coach him. What is ridiculous is that after my roommate made an account they banned MY account because they said they have a rule that you can only make 1 account from 1 IP Address and accused me of "multi-accounting". Though I can still access their software program from the computer that I was using so I'm not banned from the site/software just my account they said, but I don't want them to possibly be able to recognize me again later down the road and possibly ban my account again when I rejoin and make a new account from a new IP Address.

So my question is, if I use a VPN when I play is there anyway the site/software can tell that I am on a VPN or is there anyway they can see past the VPN and see my real IP Address and see that I am on the same IP Address that my banned account was using? Or does a VPN prevent all sites/software from being able to see someone's real IP Address? I think if I just change my IP Address and make a new account on a new IP Address then I should be fine but my main question and my main concern is if their is some type of way the Software/Site can tell that I am playing on the same computer that I was playing on before under my old account? Like could a sites software program identify you're Mac Address or something or can they identify you're computer in some way and see that you are using the same computer as before and do I need to do something with my computer to prevent them from being able to identify that I'm playing on the same computer again under a new account? Don't really want to have to use a different computer also on top of changing my IP Address/using a VPN. Much thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

You're asking us to help you circumvent their security protocols which is not allowed on this forum.

What you need to do is contact the sites support and help section and tell them what happened and see if they can lift he ban.

3. jonah585

jonah585 Thread Starter

I already did that bro and they told me their is nothing that can be done, they are douches. They didn't ban me from the site/software they just simply banned my account. I'm not asking for help to circumvent their security protocols just asking for help in avoiding being unfairly, unreasonably, and unjustifiably banned again for no reason when I make a new account, which I have to do because their site is partly how I make my living and a big part of my income. Just trying to protect myself on my end this time around. I'll figure it out one way or another, I have no choice brother.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    From the Rules, to which you agreed when you joined this forum:

• Circumventing Company/School/Parental or Other Restrictions (show less)
      Because we are unable to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided to those trying to circumvent Internet filters or similar restrictions and any such threads will be closed. Furthermore, we will not assist with violating the "Terms of Service" of any product, service or web site. Unfortunately, it is against Google's Terms of Service to download videos from YouTube. They have contacted us directly to request that we do not support with downloading videos from YouTube. Any posts with instructions or information about how to violate Terms of Service will be closed or removed.
    Closing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice