basic dos batch file help needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

acpo

I've done a bit of programming before, but batch files are a bit confusing to me. mainly because it just seems so bare.

I need a file that does the following: loops through every file in a directory and copies a particular file to each subdirectory.

it seems simple enough but I'm really having trouble trying to figure out how I should go about this

any help would be appreciated

You did not provide enough details to give a real solution. For example, the input parameters, such as the particular file names and folder/subdirectory names to use. You can use input files or prompt the user for them.

For instructions how to create what you need to do, you can search the Internet and use the search words: DOS batch IF FOR and CHOICE

I did a search and I found this site: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html
which is pretty good.

Good luck.

you could use something simmilar to this just place the directory as an argument (ex. mybatch.bat C:\windows)

REM in the batch file
copy %1\fileyouwant C:\path\you\want

the choice program is another good way to get input as dan o said

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online