1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Basic imaging - .Gif problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by LakinShadow, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LakinShadow

LakinShadow Thread Starter

I have posted this elsewhere, but I'm afraid I won't get any responds there (plus it has more problems listed), because its not teh right place. Sorry for posting again.

Basic backround info:
    My OS is W98 SE upgraded from a W95. Recently I had to wipe/reformat my computer. As far as I know all my cards (Ethernet, USB...) are working fine with their drivers installed. They are all even listed over my device manager. i have 2 cd-rom drives. One came with the computer; the other is a cd-burner installed on the computer. I have also installed all the 'critical updates' from Microsoft already. I can provide any other info needed, or pics.

Problem:
    Recently, I noticed while I was browsing the internet, that things weren't displaying right. It's only .gif images giving me problems (I found this out by double checking and exploring my own images) and maybe a few other types with the same purpose. It's only when animated images are being displayed. Instead of displayed smoothly, they are really choppy and 'flash' alot. I see alot of exactly which part of the image is changing if you know what I mean (due to the flashes). I have no idea what's wrong, so I can't fix it! And it happens ALL the time!

Oh yeah.. and what's the purpose for a .ani (animated cursor) file? For the mouse? I have over 60 .ani files saved on a cd which I burned before the reformat, but nothing to run them off of... I'm pretty sure they are image files, but my computer has no device choose to display them (or content type if needed).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice