1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

basic questions CPU calculations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fire_mat99, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fire_mat99

fire_mat99 Thread Starter

Hi all I have some basic questions.

1 And if a CPU can do 30 calculations a second vc 40 calculations a
    second how will it help me

2.And how does calculations work and what is point of the
    calculations . :confused:

2. kronus

kronus

How many calculations can you do per second? And If you could increase that by 25%, would you be better off? I think so. Better for your computer since everything it does is math.

3. jsblack

jsblack

i think if you go here "howstuffworks.com" and take about an hour reading
    the section "How Microprocessors Work" it will answer all your quesions :)

4. fire_mat99

More calculations a second the faster the computer but what is point of calculations and why does computer use it..

I can add and subtract that all very basic math sorry drop out of school :eek:

5. fire_mat99

Can you explain :)

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Try Google.

It can explain better, and people may not have the time to retype pages of explanatory information.

A computer only does calculations. Nothing else. Everything is reduced to calculations.

7. fire_mat99

Well I'm learning slow!! The more calculations a second the faster the computer .All input into the computer binary 0 's and 1's thats what computer work with 0 ' s and 1's

CPU is the master of the computer, it controls flow of data and performs operations on the data.

What I don't understand is what is point of the calculations like what is use for. :)

8. fire_mat99

What I'm not understanding here is what is point of the calculations like what is use for in computer :eek:

9. fire_mat99

This should be very easy basic questions all need is what does calculations do and what is point of it.

Its like saying what is measurement use for .To finde the size of car, home ,desk,city,town. table, bathroom so on I can do a long list of examples why use measurement its easy basic questions I know it .

I do not have to look it up its easy basic questions ..Thats what I want to know about want does calculations do and what is point of it for computer ..

If you want to know how measurement works I can replie take some time get my thoughts to gether same how CPU calculate things work

Most new computer web site talk about how CPU works Well may be I need computer book

Look I did search I found information how CPU works but it does not give a examples

http://www.acro.it/Acro-3F504B3D323337.html
    http://www.escotal.com/cpu.html
    http://www.joecpu.com/cpu.htm
    http://jj0682.freeservers.com/SLD002.HTM
    http://forum.emule-project.net/index.php?showtopic=33178&st=0&#entry216030
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?threadid=276129

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Simply put computers only understand math; 1's and 0's. That means if a CPU needs to do something it does it with 1's and 0's and calculates or manipulates the binary values to do EVERYTHING. You may also want to look into Assembler Code if you're interested on how proccessors work.

There are so many sources on the web for such information, and yet you keep posting these questions on this board and other boards over and over. Don't take this the wrong way but have you considered college?

11. fire_mat99

Triple6 you have to have patients you can't post thread get answerd wait away give it 2 or 3 days for reply than if no reply people do not know the answer to it .And Triple6 I have done google search I found information on how CPU works but it does not give a example .I'm looking for some thing very specific it like try to find what a computer can be use for like playing games ,typing letter and documents,doing spreadsheet,doing database ,doing graphics and photo editing so on .

Most people on board are computer techy or people who know how to fix the computer my ben there done that.Being very good at fixing a computer or using computer does not require that much knowledge
    :)

12. kronus

kronus

There is a simple answer, but I don't think it's what you are looking for. Basically, the calculations a CPU does are to change or set or determine variables, like where does that red pixel go or how fast should it move across the screen. The code is probably way more complicated than that, but that's the gist. Your last post says you are looking for something specific, but I must say, your english isn't the best. Are you looking for examples of what the code looks like? It's going to be gibberish if thats the case. Hundreds of ones and zeroes, grouped by multiples of two. You should get yourself a basic programming book that will walk you through different languages and conventions. How compilers work and the different levels of different languages. It's not a simple question.

13. fcs

fcs

Maybe this is what you're looking for:

http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/

Assembly language allows you to program instruction by instruction. So you're sending individual calculations to your CPU, and manipulating memory. The more instructions your CPU can handle per second, the faster it is.

Assembly language can be fun to learn, but as a first introduction to programming, can be a little challenging. However, if you get a good grasp of it before moving on to other programming languages, you'll have a really good understanding of what is going on.

14. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Thats right fire_mat99, we know how to fix a computer and we help each other as much as we can. We for the most part are not computer scientists and that is the type of questions you keep asking here. I mean I usually just bypass your posts because you are going to be asking something in the hardware forum that really isn't hardware but more a theory type question.
    There are places on the web where you can find this stuff out on your own, and the suggestions of googling for your answers is right on. If we are going to answer your question for you we have to google it. Well, most of us do. What is being suggested is you google it yourself.
    Also, try the spell check button at the bottom of the page. Sheesh.:(

15. fire_mat99

Ya I think this is what I'm looking for !!

I found this of web site and in java book

Well this may be what I want or not okay that think A word processor, behind the scenes uses numbers to calculate the size and position of each sentence and letter, Windows calculates the size of Icon and position for monitor ..

what are some of the other things the CPU calculates ??

And should I be looking at programming book or book on how CPU works ?? :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/256348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice