.BAT File Trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

The Infinity

I've been workin on batch file like tryin to figure out how to do some small programming and stuff. But the batch files seem to open up and then just close very fast. I hope this isn't a dumb question but I would really like to see what my batch files are doing but I can't really tell because of how fast they are opening and closing...maybe there is a setting I have wrong?

Hi,

Try putting 'pause' at the end of the batch file. This will add a "press any key to continue" at the bottom of the batch, so you can see if any lines have failed.

(obviously with out the ''s) :p

Hppe this helps mate,
Dan

The Infinity said:
I've been workin on batch file like tryin to figure out how to do some small programming and stuff. But the batch files seem to open up and then just close very fast. I hope this isn't a dumb question but I would really like to see what my batch files are doing but I can't really tell because of how fast they are opening and closing...maybe there is a setting I have wrong?
First, leave out the @ECHO OFF command -- this will display all command lines including return codes, if any. Second, instead of running the batch file in Windows Explorer, open a DOS window (Start Menu >> MS-DOS Prompt) and run the BAT file from command prompt.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online