1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.Bat help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tcur89, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcur89

tcur89 Thread Starter

Hello everyone, Im new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Travis im 23 years old from Texas I graduate this year with my networking degree and I am already working in the field. My question is actually xp and 7 both but I think if we solve the xp I can get the 7 to cooperate. I have made a batch file with the contents net time \\jupiter /set /yes jupiter is the server I am wanting each computer to sync its clocks with. I set this .bat in the folder to run at startup. Only problem is it has to be a elevated command prompt. Is there some way I can fix this or another method I can use to get the clocks to sync? Thank you, Travis

2. user2339

user2339

Hi Travis,
    I do not understand why you want to use a .bat file to do this. There are many excellent and free PC clock
    sychroniser-apps to download. Most can be set to run at start-up and hide in the system tray.
    Search on the net for eg PC Clock Synchronise Program

3. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Shouldn't be any problem running the BAT on XP. Just drop a shortcut to the file in the startup folder under the Administrator account.
    If needed on Win7, go into it's Properties and set it to run as Administrator.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice