Batch File for loading applications

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ibm37

HI,

Can someone show me am example on how to create a batch file,
that I can just keep on my desktop, and double click so as to load half a dozen apps? (ie through notepad)

I would like to load say 2 windows of Internet Explorer ( 2 different url's ) and a few apps running from C drive, and some server's...

Thanks

ibm37

Cheers nice cool site!
just dabbling now, loading IE Pages no problem, when trying
to load programs from C drive just opening multiple DOS windows?..I will eventually suss it!?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You should be able to run a single batch file to invoke many applications, perhaps if you could be more specific as to what you want to do...

ibm37

Well, basically I am just playing about on home PC, loading a few apps and some IE windows to set pages. But @ work ( WIN NT)
when I start work I need to open about 8 apps, a few on my C drive, some point to a remote server, and would be nice to say open 2 windows of IE say one of the internet, and one og my local intranet home page.

As an example :Start Dreamweaver.exe

START msimn.exe

START http://www.yahoo.com

START C:\IBM\IBM.htm

START C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe

START FlasKMPEG.exe

Now even without full pathe Dreamweaver and Express open fine, as do the two browser windows, Flaskmpeg.exe cannot be found even when typing full path, and PowerDVD ( where I have entered full path says cannot find C:\Program...

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Try putting quotes around the path and file name, it'll work much better. :) Without quotes, the first space terminates that command for DOS, and that's why it can't find the file. For example:

START "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online