Batch File Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jiggard

I am trying to get by batch file to run all the way through but winzip free version is stopping me from doing so. Does anyone know a way of entering a command when my exe is paused by winzip. A loop of some sort. I have to hit space 4 times during the winzip commands. I would like this to automatically be done with a timer of some sort.

Here is my file below

rem @echo off
REM copy documents
xcopy "C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat" C:\Backup\Index_Temp /c /s /r /d /y /i
xcopy "C:\WINDOWS\Cookies\index.dat" C:\Backup\Index_Cookies /c /s /r /d /y /i
xcopy "C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\*.pst" C:\Backup\Outlook /c /s /r /d /y /i
xcopy "C:\MYDOCU~1\*.*" C:\Backup\My_Documents /c /s /r /d /y /i

wzzip -rpu IndexTemp.zip C:\Backup\Index_Temp\*.*
wzzip -rpu IndexCookies.zip C:\Backup\Index_Cookies\*.*
wzzip -rpu Outlook.zip C:\Backup\Outlook\*.*
wzzip -rpu MyDocuments.zip C:\Backup\My_Documents\*.*

copy C:\Backup\*.zip P:\AllBac~1\nick_gerard

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Why not just use a different Zip program. One that is truly free.

Have you tried redirecting input to your script? I assume the script calls winzip, and during this process, winzip pauses and waits for you to provide a response (which in this case is the "space" character, four times). If this is right, try creating a file with four lines in it; each line is a single space character. Then use this file as input to your batch file:

batch-filename < space-file

Hope this helps.

Google for WinZip Command line version, this does what you need (i think), when you pipe a file to it though a batch file, it shows it been zipped, within the batch file, and then moves on to the next command when its done :)

It comes with a full guide on how to use it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online