1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Batch File Help?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Azza45, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azza45

Azza45 Thread Starter

I just wanted to know if there is a batch file where I can log every time the computer is logged on/off, with the time/date/ect.. into a notpad or wordpad file, and then it automatically run when logged on.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

If you are running Vista Ultimate or Business you can set a group policy to run a batch file at logon and logoff.

3. BillVB

BillVB

Well, I'm fairly good with batch, and to my knowledge I cannot remember commands that do this, but to start you off;

@echo off
    copy "%0" "%userprofile%\Start menu\Programs\Start up"

I think this code will copy the containing batch file to the start up in a user profile, so put the rest of the code in the same batch.

I'm going to look into this a bit more and see what i can turn up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice