1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

batch file: reading input.txt and giving out.txt

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by leonidis4ever, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leonidis4ever

leonidis4ever Thread Starter

well the problem i am new to batch, i did study in college "C" language , and I have to say that things isn't that complicated in "C" so I thought that modifying little things wouldn't be so hard , well it seems that using batch isn't that simple and isn't that clear , sure you can do simple comands but not clear as in "C"
    anyway I did learn my lesson, and by the way yesterday I did modify the script to my real data I had to add some IF statements and GOTO but at the end it did work

by the way I would ask you a question (not asking you to do me a script ) , how I can read a string of xml like <name>sandy</name>, is it possible to take "sandy" ? , it isn't a complicated xml file , its just all file like this

<name>sandy</name>
    <data>25/06/2011</data>
    <age>55</age>

just tell me if is it possible ?

thanks

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Reading XML is possible in batch but gets really complicated because of the redirection symbols.

3. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1056838