1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Batch File

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Koondaddy, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

I have just downloaded all the virus scans from Symantec and I wanted to make my scanning as easy as possible. I am familiar with batch files, but just for simple commands.

What I would like to do is this:

Run a program and when it's done just go onto the next virus scan. Lets say I run the FixBlast.exe and when it's done it leaves a window saying it either has or has not found a virus and you have to say ok and then run the next program. How about having the batch run a program and if there IS a virus, clean it and if not go onto the next scan. There may be 10-20 scans for all the dif virus's out there. Is this complicated or are there EASY batch making programs out there?

Thanks!

2. mad-martin

mad-martin

it would make your life easier to get decent antivirus software

3. Rockn

Rockn

Definately better to get an actual AV program as these things only fix the virus once it has infected your system. Get AVG, it's free and it works.....it also has a scheduling feature for downloading all the latest defs.

4. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

5. mad-martin

mad-martin

if all the latest virus definitions are installed it will find them, and take care of them :)

6. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

That is great to know.

Thank you!

7. mad-martin

mad-martin

youre welcome :):)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice