Batch files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JosephPrice79

Hopefully this is the right forum to ask this question...

I am trying to write a bacth file that will run on my network and check each machine to see if RealPlayer is installed and what version is running and also run an update if it is below a particular version. I have been trying a few angles to get this done but have come up with this which gives me no errors... but doesn't have the desired result...
Take a look:

for /f %%i in (stations.txt) do (
REG QUERY \\%%i\hklm\SOFTWARE\RealNetworks\RealPlayer
IF %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 SET RealVersion = (REG QUERY \\%%i\hklm\SOTWARE\RealNetworks\RealPlayer /v version) echo %%i - RealPlayer Installed - Version:%RealVersion% >> FindRealPlayer.log
ELSE echo %%i - RealPlayer Not Installed >> FindRealPlayer.log
)
pause

Can any of you geniuses out there find the problem with this? In a nutshell, at this point all I am trying to do is go through a list of workstations (about 200) and check the registry for a realplayer entry, get the version and write this out to a log file so I can concentrate efforts on only the machines that have it instead of going to each individual one...

Basically, it isn't writing it out and I need a little help... thanks

Running Windows XP Pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online