1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Batch files

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by JosephPrice79, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephPrice79

JosephPrice79 Thread Starter

Hopefully this is the right forum to ask this question...

I am trying to write a bacth file that will run on my network and check each machine to see if RealPlayer is installed and what version is running and also run an update if it is below a particular version. I have been trying a few angles to get this done but have come up with this which gives me no errors... but doesn't have the desired result...
    Take a look:

for /f %%i in (stations.txt) do (
    REG QUERY \\%%i\hklm\SOFTWARE\RealNetworks\RealPlayer
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 SET RealVersion = (REG QUERY \\%%i\hklm\SOTWARE\RealNetworks\RealPlayer /v version) echo %%i - RealPlayer Installed - Version:%RealVersion% >> FindRealPlayer.log
    ELSE echo %%i - RealPlayer Not Installed >> FindRealPlayer.log
    )
    pause

Can any of you geniuses out there find the problem with this? In a nutshell, at this point all I am trying to do is go through a list of workstations (about 200) and check the registry for a realplayer entry, get the version and write this out to a log file so I can concentrate efforts on only the machines that have it instead of going to each individual one...

Basically, it isn't writing it out and I need a little help... thanks

Running Windows XP Pro

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice