1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Batch Image Website

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by hicksjt, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hicksjt

hicksjt Thread Starter

This may be an aged old question but I’ve never attempted it before so I’ll give it a try. I will be placing 50+ images to display on a single website and was curious on how it could be done. I’m not looking for “the best” way to accomplish the task but rather what seems to have worked well for someone who has already done something like this.

All the images are in different size proportions so my first thought is to resize all of them in an image editing program? Any thoughts?

Next, I’ve seen sites that have held a lot of images uses thumbnail photos, once a user clicks on the tiny image a bigger version pops up. I guess I could do this with Javascript but I’ve seen it done using PHP. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any feedback.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Batch process them in Irfanview .... http://www.irfanview.com/

3. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

You can get a decent "thumbnail and then bigger version" photo gallery with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Then, just right click on the gallery once it's done in Web Builder and click on "Object HTML." Copy that out and put it in the page you want.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice