1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Batch process images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lola2001, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I am trying to do a batch action with photoshop but it's not working.

I have a whole folder of images and one photo of a copyright symbol. I turn on actions/record then copy the copyright symbol to the photo and save it. I turn off record and choose file/animate. It's not working.

Basically what I want to do is have the symbol place itself automatically on each picture and save it in a folder but I keep getting error messages saying that document 6 is not available (whatever that is) and then it asks me what resolution to save the photo at. Automate should do all of this without my intervention.

I would be happy to use another program if anyone has any suggestions on how I can do this. I have thousands of images I need to copyright so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Rockn

Rockn

I don't know about using external documents as points in the action or if that will even work. Just create one entering a text layer, rasterize it and move the layer where you want it.

3. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Not sure what you mean.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Don't use an image of the @ symbol. Open an image, any image, start a recording for a new action. Select the text tool, type in the image you just opened, move it where you want it and stop the recording. Open a different picture and run the action.

5. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Is that the only way to do it cause I created a special copyright image with our logo and company name. I don't HAVE to use it but it would be nice. Thanks.

6. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I have been looking around and I seemed to have missed a step. I did not choose New Set then New Action. I did this and now it pastes the image of the copyright ok but then when it goes to save it, it wants me to save it as a psd file, when in the actions I clearly clicked Save For Web and choose .jpg. I've used these actions before without any problems and I shouldn't have to click anything, it should just do it.

7. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I found a trail version of a program called PhotoMark. It does exactly what I want and it's very easy to use. I think I'm going to purchase the full version as it's only $28 USD.

8. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

what's the link of photomark?

9. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

10. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!