Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battery: 0% Available (Plugged in, charging)

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  valis 
#1 ·
The title is the message I've been getting for about the past month and a half. I noticed my battery draining, even while plugged in, until it finally got to 0%. With the power adapter plugged in, the laptop still runs but I just recently had an experience where the laptop was suddenly cutting off, even while plugged in.I've done as much troubleshooting as possible, but I haven't been able to figure out the problem. I managed to switch the laptop over into power saver mode and it's been letting me use it without dying immediately on me. I have an internal battery, so the option to remove and power it on separately isn't an option for me.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8103 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 702747 MB, Free - 466347 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, VG10S
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

This is my final call for help before I go through the long and tedious process of sending my only working computer to the repair center for several weeks' time. Help!

Edited to add Troubleshooting steps taken:
1.) Tried a Hard reset using the pin-hole reset button for the internal battery, while completely unplugged.
2.) Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

See less See more
#4 ·
that's young for a battery but not unheard of. First thing I would do is drain it entirely, let it sit for a bit, then try charging it. If no luck, at that point, it's time to just buy a new battery.

#5 ·
It's a non-removable battery. I've taken apart my laptop and tried. Even after unscrewing it from the motherboard, it still has cauterized connections that I'm not willing to break just to remove it.

Like I mentioned in the original post, this issue would've probably be long-resolved if it had been a removable battery.

#8 ·
Yup, I can't help there. Googling that model, however, did show that there are a LOT of issues with battery wear on those rigs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.