1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battery Charger failed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by puterjunkie4ever, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puterjunkie4ever

puterjunkie4ever Account Closed Thread Starter

Hello Everyone and Happy Halloween. I've been trying to use my laptop on battery and it says battery charger failed. Do you think I need a new battery or is there something else. You help is appreciated.

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Could be the battery or the cord. This sounds akward but have you tried adjusting the power cable (moving it around wiggling it) sounds silly. But worth a shot! lol If you can try to use your powercord on another laptop- if it works you know its your battery and if the powercord doesn't work you just need to purchase a new cord.

3. golddust

golddust

Try amazon.com for your new battery charger cord. Just got a new one this week myself. They sell them for specific manufacturers/models. Mine was under $5 (for an Acer Extenza 5620z) - the shipping cost more than the cord though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!